DIY crystals! Very cool. Nice science project to try with the kids. These instructions will show you how to make home made crystals using everyday ingredients.
- 1 brick
- 4 tbsp. table salt- no iodine
- 1 tbsp. ammonia
- 1 plate or bowl
- 4 tbsp. water food colouring – Any colour your heart feels like!
- 4 tbsp. bluing
- Break brick into chunks and place in bowl or on plate.
- Mix salt, bluing, water, ammonia and pour over brick pieces.
- Drop food colouring on brick pieces with no uniformity.
- Let sit for several days.
***Crystals are very fragile!!!
*** Should only be done under parent supervision!
Very cute video below:
This is a science project done by a young lady in Girl Scouts. It uses Epsom salt, pipe cleaner, pen, tap water and a cup. She explains what she did…